Swing Spitfire 2
The SPITFIRE has established itself over recent years as the benchmark in speed riding and this glider is an icon in its category. Our development team has been working intensively with the Swing speed flying team on the evolution of the Spitfire1 and has optimized this wing still further.
The result is yet another milestone, the Spitfire2. This is a further commitment to the speed riding community and caters even better for pilot needs.
The Spitfire2 is a true speed rider. It feels completely at home on the snow-covered slopes in mountain regions with its direct and uncompromising handling. The shortened lines and the lightweight construction using the hard-wearing and waterproof-coated 20 dtex fabric transform the pilot and glider into one, allowing complete focus on finding the best line. Once again we have been able to use the control lines and extended trim travel to increase the glide angle window considerably. The result is a new and previously unmatched dive, with almost the same glide as the Mirage. The new Swing Design 2015, 3D seams and a reworked riser with extended trim travel by opening the stitching round off the new Spitfire2 and make it unique in its class.
Spitfire 2 vs. Mirage
The Spitfire2 is aimed at pilots who concentrate on speed riding and at dedicated fans of ‘swooping’ who would also like to launch without skis from time to time.
In direct contrast to the Spitfire 2, the Mirage is the all-round glider for enthusiastic speed flyers and for foot-launching. Its special features mean that it has strengths not only for the summer season – it also cuts an impressive figure in the winter when used with skis.
Compare the features of the Spitfire 2 and see for yourself.
- trim travel increased once again for better glide with an even steeper dive
- very straightforward launch behavior, optimized for ski launching
- shorter lines give direct and uncompromising handling and maximum canopy feedback, thus allowing aggressive yet manageable barrel rolls
- a new lightweight construction reduces any tendency for the canopy to be sluggish. The glider remains stable above the pilot even in slow rides in deep snow and follows without hesitation in tight ski turns
- lengthened brake travel optimized for speed riding with exponential pressure increase against stalls, which allows maximum canopy feedback
- high canopy stability even in steep dives, difficult terrain or turbulent conditions
- optimized design with three line levels for less line resistance and straightforward ground handling
- high energy conversion even at low speed which is a very good feature in deep snow, for example
- completely reworked design – “Swing Design 2015”
- 3D shaping
- new optimized riser with interchangeable trimmer band and increased trim travel by opening the seam
- available sizes: comp / 8,5 / 9,5 / 11 / 13 / 15 / twin